Carb Free Homemade Dog Food
Yeast problems in dog's have reached crazy levels. One reason so many dogs are experiencing yeast overgrowth is because many dog foods have such high carbohydrate content. The yeast responsible for your dog's yeast infection is Candida albicans and this yeast thrives on sugar. Carbs are converted to sugar in the body and sugar is yeast's favorite food! So, carbohydrates in the diet can contribute to yeast issues.
Basically, high carbohydrate dog food provides an optimum environment for this opportunistic yeast to multiply. Yeast has all the food it wants to grow. As this yeast reaches high levels it migrates throughout your dog's system reeking havoc. Systemic yeast (system wide yeast) has traveled beyond the gut tract and shows up in ears, paws, skin, bowels. Systemic yeast is just that, systemic.
Dog Food Recipe (Small Batch)
- 2 cups Raw Ground Beef (I use 70/30 fat content for my dogs.)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons LickOchops (Supplies additions Omega 3, Omega 6 fatty Acids and Natural source vitamin E) *It is important to add this supplement, the recipe will be deficient without it.
- Two hard boiled eggs with shells. Crumble the eggs shell into small pieces and mix with the ground beef. Eggshells and their lining contain calcium and glucosamine.
- 1-2 tablespoons Dinovite for Dogs (Supplies digestive enzymes, trace minerals, fatty acids, vitamins and Direct Fed Microbials) *It is important to add this supplement, the recipe will be deficient without it.
Dog Food Recipe (Large Batch)
- 10 pounds Raw Ground Beef (70/30). I buy the 10 pound roll which is about 20 cups and use the 70/30 higher fat content.
- 18 hardboiled eggs with shells. Crumble the eggs shell into small pieces and mix with the ground beef. Eggshells are an excellent source of digestible calcium for dogs and the lining of the eggshell contains glucosamine.
- 1 tube Lickochops (Supplies additions Omega 3, Omega 6 fatty Acids and Natural source vitamin E) *It is important to add this supplement, the recipe will be deficient without it.
- 2 cups to 4 cups of Dinovite Powder for Dogs (if your dog is suffering from extreme nutritional deficiency manifestations like itching, shedding, stinking, use the higher amount of supplement in the recipe.)
Introducing New Dog Food
I recommend a 24 hour fast no food or treats just water. Make available a mixture of 1 gallon distilled water with 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar. Your pet can take as little or as much water as he wants.
This will give time for the old dog food to pass through your dog's digestive tract. It is important to follow this procedure to limit digestive upset.
- Day one and two: Feed a portion 1/8 the size of a normal meal.
- Day three and four: Feed a portion 1/4 the size of a normal meal.
- Day five and six: Feed a portion 1/2 the size of a normal meal.
- Day seven :Feed a full portion.
Note: The whole process takes 8 days when you include the 24 hour fast.
This method will allow your dog’s digestive tract time to adapt to the new food. Please follow this introductory method your dog will be fine. Your dog will not starve or hate you. Rapid diet changes can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Note: Do not mix kibble and the raw diet for dogs with yeast infections together! Doing so will GREATLY increase the chances of digestive upset for your dog!
Make the commitment to feed your dog the best dog food for yeast infections for at least 30-90 days. For the first few weeks your dog can have flare ups and could appear to be getting worse. Don't panic, this can happen if the yeast die off rapidly. A mass die-off of yeast sends toxins throughout your dog's system, resulting in the symptoms actually getting worse. Some dog's even get lethargic. After your 30-90 day yeast starvation diet, remember that a high carb diet is totally inappropriate for dogs and cats. Don't go back to the high grain kibble that may have gotten your pet in trouble to begin with. Feeding a meaty diet is the best thing you can do for your pet! To read more about feeding a Meaty Raw Diet, see Basics of a Raw Diet.
Just want to tell you we rescued a 7 yr old Dachshund a year ago, and he had skin allergies because his previous owner didn't feed him quality food and he had a lot of stress in his life. After putting him on an holistic/organic grain free food with Omega 3 and trying fish oil we noticed a change. His fur started to grow back slowly, but we still had a problem with constant itching, dry skin, chewing and (smelly) ear due to yeast.
No More Yeast!
The ear medicine from the Vet had bad side effects like temporary deafness, it smelled bad etc. and Prednisone didn't help anything. Even oatmeal baths were only a temporary solution. It was frustrating to see him suffer Well I heard your commercial on the radio (a year later) and decided to give Dinovite a try. I bought enough tubes for 90 days and I have to tell you within one week we have noticed a tremendous difference. He no longer chews his skin, his fur shines like never before, some of the bald patches he had (on his back by his tail) are now growing fur, and he no longer smells from the yeast growing in his ears. Even his breath is fresher. We can see how much happier he has become, and getting dog kisses has become a very common thing from him. I know it can take up to 90 days to see improvement but I have to say it happened sooner for our dachshund. Carol, Colorado Springs, CO